Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My little bundle of Joy



So I happened to stumble across this picture of Kingston. He was about 11 months old and we had just left the mall. Half way home, I look in my mirror to see Kingston's happy smiley face and I thought, Oh my gosh!!! How did you get out of your seat?? He had stood himself up on his baby car seat and peeped his head over my shoulder. I quickly pulled over to figure out what had happened. First, of course, I had to take a picture because it was kind of cute. Then when I went back there, I realized I had forgot to buckle him up. I felt so horrible but relieved that he was okay. Now, I keep this picture as the main picture in my cell phone. Every time I open it, I see him. It is my favorite picture of him. You may be wondering what the other picture of a pool and palm trees has anything to do with the picture of Kingston. Well, it is a picture of the resort Chez and I stayed at in Vegas a month ago. Looking at this picture of Kingston, helped me feel better whenever I missed him. In two days we leave for the Bahamas without him again, and I am sort of sad to leave him again so soon. Although we will have a lot of fun while we are gone, I will still miss my baby and looking at this picture of him, will make me feel better whenever I miss him.

3 comments:

Talia said...

Don't worry, I've done the same thing! When Caleb was a baby and we'd lay him in his car seat to nap if we weren't at home, we'd forget to buckle him in when we left. We got lucky he didn't slip out when we would carry him to the car. YIKES! Have fun on your trip!

Lindsay Brummer said...

we were just at that same resort this week! and kingston is so funny and CUTE!

boo face mcjones said...

what a cute little picture (although it was probably a terribly frightening experience)! Here's to wishing you the most exciting of vacations!

and, yes, we will definitely need to get together when we move back to that side of the state!