Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pre-School






I shed a little tear after we drove off from Kingston's pre-school open house yesterday. Whenever I think of him, I am immediately brought back to the hospital bed where I held him for the first time. I remember the first night we had him, the nurse wheeled his little crib into my room to tell me he was hungry and I remember looking over at him and thinking, "that's my sweet little guy". Now he is 3 years old and going to school. He is still my sweet little guy but now turning into a handsome, smart kid. He is so ecstatic about going to school. He tells me all the time, "mommy, I have to get on the school bus and go to preschool and you cant come okay?". When we toured his new school, he was so amazed at everything. It honestly is the coolest preschool I have EVER seen. It is brand new and like a wonderland for kids. The pictures dont do this place justice. The curriculum is amazing too. In Kingston's class, they will learn to count, recognize colors and shapes(which he already does), learn how to recognize and write their name, and learn to speak a little spanish. The thing I most look forward to Kingston learning is how to socialize and get along well with other kids. This is a bittersweet time. I want him to grow up and learn, but I get emotional when I think of how fast he has grown up.

6 comments:

Angie said...

ah :(
i can see how this could be so exciting, yet sad at the same time.
hang in there!

Natalie said...

Looks like an amazing preschool! That would be so hard to send him off to school but so fun too!

Talia said...

Just wait till you drop him off for the first time. Tears will be shed! Looks like a really neat school!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

That looks like one sweet pre school!

Ryan and Janelle said...

that looks like a fun school! Looks like your summer is coming to an end... :(

Angie said...

long time, no post :(
hope everything is going well.