Saturday, December 11, 2010

Gifts

I was just at Target getting a few things for Christmas. I was finding myself getting frustrated at trying to find the perfect gifts. It made me wonder, what am I doing? Christmas is NOT about getting the perfect gift for all your friends and family. Christmas is about spending time with your family and friends and enjoying the season. How can you enjoy anything when you are in and out of store after store, finding zits on your face from stress, and feeling unhappy if you dont get everything done right? In my opinion you can't. My mom sent all of my siblings and I a text asking us to bring our own Christmas Eve PJ's and letting us know gift cards would be the bulk of all gifts on her end. She works 12 hour work days throughout the week and she has 5 children all with spouses and children. That is a lot on her shoulders and she just wants to enjoy the holidays like the rest of us. I called her up to let her know I completely understand and even offered to make a few different foods for her Christmas party. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and remember to take it easy and just enjoy yourself.

No comments: