Wednesday, May 23, 2012

gratitude

I have not been the most grateful person the past few years abd ive been stuck in a rut of dwelling on thibgs that are not going right in life rather than the things that are good and positive. Its true that the older you are the wiser you are but i do belueve that comes with accepting your faults and mistakes and learning from them. Ive been reading a really good book my counselor suggested called the power. It has been a huge eye opener. Sometimes the answer to every problem is the most obvious thing. Basically the book teaches you how to love amd ignore the things that are negative. It teachesthat in life you get what you give. If you give love you recieve love. And it teaches the law of attraction. If you dwell on negativity and give out negativity, you will atrract negativity. I cant stress enough how amazing this book is. I love it. Im trying very hard to learn better how to master my oen universe and gave ahappuer life. Im grateful through the love of myself, god, and the love of those who want to teach, i will continue on a path of success. I know there will be bad timea but its how i handle them that matter. Seeing the good in everything and ignoring thr negative things that try and bring me down. Im trying to teach my children this and now teaching them discipline through this love and positivity. I just wanted to share this on my blog today. Im so grateful for my friends and family who love me and bring light into my world and oddly enough i am grateful for thr negative people ive encountered in life because they have taught me that nrgativity will only bring you sadness. I am also grateful for this beautiful world in whifh we live. Everyday i take advantage of the little thibgs such as red rock canyons i can see from my windows in my house and the blue skies i wake up to every morning. I love my comfortable bed and i am grateful i live in america where we can have so many conveniences such as soft brds, pillows, air conditioning in the house, fresh and safe water from the tap, toilets that flush, warm water for showers.....the list is never ending. My hoal is to take a moment each day to appreciate everything good around me. The more wr conce trate on the beauty around us , the less we focus on thr chatter going on in our heads. Often the chatter in my head is my mind replaying arguments or things that went wring that day. All of which are not necessary to think about and only bring about negative feelibgs and thoughts. I meed to learn to get co trol over my brain anf be more grateful. Cheers to a summer coming up full of beautiful sunny days and fun times. I love you all and thank you for sharing my blog with me.

2 comments:

Jones Family said...

Never mind all the typos. I hurried to post this on my phone and spell check wasnt on. Ill be fixing it so its more readable

Audie said...

I read it totally fine! Thanks for the reminder about being positive. I find myself getting down with Jared traveling so much and it makes me a cranky person! I should read the power. Is it like the secret? Anyways...keep on spreading the positivity!