Friday, January 29, 2010

Lazy Babies?





I am so proud of my little ones. They are so smart. They also have such sweet hearts and it makes me melt. Yesterday Kingston sat next to Makenna in the backseat, held her hand and in a soft high pitched voice kept saying to her,"you are my sweety girl". It was so cute! But, they are late bloomers (or so it seems). It seems like all of my friends have babies that are the same age as mine and all of their babes are already crawling and even walking. I have one friend who's little 8 month old just started walking! Crazy. Kingston didnt crawl until he was 10 months old and then a month later started walking. Makenna will be 8 months old in a few days and she is still not crawling. There is only so much I can do. I am obviously cherishing my time with an immobal baby because once they move, it's time to lock down the house. On the other hand, I think it would be so great if she did learn to crawl. So, I will just keep working with my her and hope she figures it out. I posted pictures and the ones with Kingston are special because he recieved a new toy from mommy and daddy for sleeping in his bed all week without coming into mommy and daddy's bed. He is in heaven! He loves loves loves trains.

2 comments:

Audie said...

What a fun toy! I slept in my room all week. Will you buy me something as cool as that? Ha ha! My sister's daughter never crawled at all. She scooted on her butt and then walked. My girls didn't crawl until about 8 months and then didn't walk until 13 & 14 months. Every kid is different. Maybe she's not interested in crawling yet. One day!

Blake Jones said...

That's awesome that Kingston slept in his own bed all week. That is a big accomplishment for him. And I would keep Makenna immobile as long as possible. Alissa now knows how to climb onto our dining room chairs and onto the table. Onto our bar stools and then the counter, where she climbs into the sink. Or she will open the oven and climb into that. Her other favorite is to push the rocking foot stool that goes with our rocking chair around in our room to climb onto the desk and dresser. There pretty much isn't a safe place for her in our house except the high chair and her bed:) It's fun though. At least she is independent and can help herself.