Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Secret is Out.......

Chez and I are going to Vegas alone this Sunday. It happens to be Valentine's Day and believe it or not, this is just by coincidence. In fact, I didnt even realize it was Valentine's Day until after I booked the tickets. Why are we going to Vegas? Well...............to house hunt! That is right. If things go according to plan (hopefully nothing gets in the way), we will be moving to Vegas by the first week in March. This gives us a few weeks to pack up, find a house, and hit the road. Chez will be relocating with his job. I am really excited about this move. So many things helped us make this decision. First, I have family down there and Chez's parents live just a few short hours away in Arizona. Second, I could get a pretty decent paying job down there because of my cousins "hook ups". Third, the weather is nice year around. Of course it is hot in the summer but there are pools and AC. Fourth, the money will be better with his new job. I know people have misconceptions about Vegas because of obvious reasons but it is a highly populated LDS community (and probably other religions too). There are plenty of safe neighborhoods and we have friends who live there who are helping us find the best neighborhoods. Anyway, unless something happens where we cant move for some reason, we will be out in a few short weeks. So yes we are going to Vegas on Valentine's week to house hunt, but we thought since the kiddos will be staying with grandma, we would also celebrate Valentine's as well as our 4th anniversary. So that is the story

9 comments:

Blake Jones said...

I had no idea! Sounds like it is going to be great for you guys. Especially the weather(we just got dumped on!) Good luck house hunting.

Talia said...

Wow, what exciting news! I hope everything works out the way you want it to. My parents live just a couple hours away from Vegas too, and when we visit them we have to hit up Vegas!

Let us know how it all works out!

Audie said...

Exciting! It's fun to pack up and live in a new house. I've only switched apartments and that's fun enough, so moving somewhere new will be fun. What kind of job are you going to get?

boo face mcjones said...

that's awesome! congrats! keep us posted on how it all works out.

Ingrid said...

Wow, you keep secrets well! I can't believe you are moving to warm Las Vegas. I am sure you will love it!!! I am really glad you guys drove up last week to share the special day with Ben. Your angel babies are sooo cute! Have a wonderful Vegas weekend, househunting and all!

Lindsay Brummer said...

FUN!!! good luck on the hunt!!

Angie said...

how exciting jules! good luck with the move. keep us posted!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Wow, how exciting!! GOod luck with the move, sounds liek a lot of fun to me. I am a warm weather girl. I love your new header pictures, you have such a darling family!!

Ryan and Janelle said...

Wow! Awesome news! Yeah there are a lot of misconceptions about LV, but once you get away from the strip, it's a great place. Tiffany lived there when growing up! She loved it. Make sure you get a pool! That sounds so awesome. I'm excited for ya. Congrats!