Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Realization of My OCD!

Okay we finally signed a lease on a house. Not the one I was super excited about but a nice one....well, a nice one until you actually move in and realize it is filthy, carpets have crusty patches all over, gum in it, no lights in any bedrooms, dens, or living rooms, the rooms with lights are dead bulbs, one house key (which we lost!), one gate remote, no garage remote, missing slats in the blinds, broken blinds, completely chipped up walls, AND the kitchen and bathroom sink faucets are broken. Okay so maybe I just sound like I am complaining but I now think I may be ocd. I feel like I need to get my rubber gloves and lysol wipes and scrub down the walls and carpets. Chez has been complaining about it too so at least I dont totally feel like a spoiled brat! ;) Honestly though, how unprofessional is it to rent out a house that is not move in ready?! We rent out homes, we know. We actually considered moving back out. The other house we, I wanted, was brand new, never lived in, and still well below our price range. The only down side was hardwood floors throughout. So, I have been slowly unpacking so I can also clean but we decided not to unpack everything because we will start house hunting and hopefully buy what we love in a few months. I will post pics of this house, (which actually is a nice house and newer, just has little problems)when I take some.

1 comment:

Talia said...

I'm sure with little effort you will make your new place nice and cozy!

Glad you found a place to get settled and back to normal in!

Looking forward to pics of the new place!