Friday, May 21, 2010

Scorpions and Spiders and Roaches Oh My!



First off I have to say I have loved the weather here in Vegas. It is always sunny and warm out. There have been some things about it here that I am not liking. For example, the health care is terrible. I have gone to a few pediatricians so far looking for a decent one, a couple of family doctors, and my woman doctor is proving to be as horrible as the others (not calling until a month later to tell me I needed antibiotics!). Also, the attitudes people have about living here has been discouraging. Why cant I just run into somebody who has something good to say??? Like I said, I have loved the weather ans also have loved the fact that we have been getting a lot of visitors. I love company! BUT I do HATE something about it here worse than the people and the health care and that is the BUGS! I had my first encounter with three cockroaches yesterday. While I was killing an enormous colony of red ants right on my back patio, three lightning fast roaches came out and quickly run up to the ceiling. I screamed like a girl, hurried Kingston inside and watched Chez and Josh kill the roaches. We got a flier in the mail also yesterday that showed us which bugs to watch out for here in the hot desert. One is the roach, another the black widow, ants, another type of spider, and most frightening (next to the black widow), the SCORPIONS! AHHH. I am so hoping we never run into one of those.

Aside from the bugs, we really are liking it here and we have a summer full of fun ahead of us. We just got a brand new patio set for our backyard, a swing, one of those above ground pools that is only 3 feet deep, and we are attending our third bbq/pool party this Sunday. Makenna is turning 1 in two weeks, Kingston will be attending an awesome preschool for the first time, we are (the Jones's) hoping to plan a trip to Disneyland here in a month or two, my birthday, 4th of July, and my parents and sister are coming to Visit me as well as attend my brother and his fiance's wedding here in Vegas in August. Fun stuff and I am excited!!

3 comments:

Audie said...

Gag. I cannot stand roaches. I was in Vegas 5 years ago for a hair show and I remember waking up in the morning, using the bathroom and while sitting on the toilet, I see a roach a couple feet away from me. Scared the crap out of me...not literally! I hope you don't encounter anything worse!!

Ryan and Janelle said...

Ugh! That is a bummer about the bugs! That is nasty. I don't do well with that sort of thing either. Otherwise, it sounds like Vegas is suiting you!

Talia said...

Who doesn't love Vegas?? So you might have some special friends (bugs), but you will always have something entertaining to do! I'd move there if I could. I'd move ANYWHERE, if I could. :)