Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Holidays


SO my last post talked about how I am starting a tradition with Kingston of being thankful each day in November for something. I also talked about not starting Christmas celebrating until after Thanksgiving. Well, I am here to say that wont be lasting! Haha. We decided to fly to Seattle for Christmas this year. The first time EVER for Chez and the first time I will have been at my parents house for Christmas in 5 years. We fly out on the 16th and I got to thinking how we wont be able to enjoy our Christmas tree and decorations for more than 3 weeks if we wait to put them up after Thanksgiving. Not to mention, Chez will be in Salt Lake for a couple days to watch a Jazz game in a couple weeks and we are also going to Disneyland again. SO, I decided to put everything up this weekend. That will give us a good month to enjoy our decorations and bask in the joy and happiness of the season. We have already started listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies. It probably also doesnt help that we have seen Santa a few times in the mall already now and neighbors already have their Christmas trees up. We dont have any plans for Thanksgiving so I will just make a little dinner for our little family and probably have a Christmas movie on. Nothing wrong with that. For those of you who remember a couple years ago our Christmas tree fell over while we were decorating it. I kept telling Chez it was leaning but he wouldnt listen haha! He didnt find it so amusing when the tree fell but I was cracking up. So funny. So I posted a picture of it to go along with my post.

2 comments:

Audie said...

Trees tipping over are no fun. Jovie pulled our's down on top of her when she was a baby. Have fun with family this Christmas!

Ryan and Janelle said...

WOW! Jam packed holiday season for you!!! Safe travels, and hope you have a blast in Seattle!