Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Back from Seattle











Kingston and I went to Seattle all last week while Chez went on a business trip to Denver, then to Boise for a tennis tournament. Kingston and I had so much fun. I got to meet my new niece and nephew. They are soooo cute. My niece is so tiny. She is 6 pounds. I also got to meet my brother's wife for the first time. We had a baby shower for her. She is pregnant with a boy and due in December. I also got to meet my other brother's girlfriend of many years for the first time as well. It was such a busy trip.
While I was there, my grandma had another heart attack (she had one back in July too). She was in the hospital in Bellevue, but man was her hospital room glamorous! I have never seen a more fancy hospital in all my life. Aside from that, my grandma looked pretty sick. It made me very sad. All the family is pulling for her and we hope she gets well soon.
On a lighter note, Kingston had the time of his life. He got to play with all of his cousins and they all got along so well. They decorated Halloween cookies while they were all wearing matching Halloween shirts, they played at the most amazing and enormous playground I have ever seen, and they just hung around together like they were all best friends. Kingston adored the babies. He was so gentle around them and patting them if they cried. He was loving the babies. Kingston also got a haircut at the cutest salon for kids. They get to sit on toy cars and watch cartoons while their hair gets cut.
I also had some fun of my own. I did a lot of shopping. I finally gave in and bought myself a pair of leggings and they are incredibly comfortable! I also was able to take my 9 year old niece out shopping. I bought her so many cute outfits and she had a blast. After, we went to dinner and I let her order anything she wanted. My mom and I would go out to dinner every night after she got off work then we would come home and be greeted by my sister-in-law who came over every night to do laundry. That gave me plenty of time to cuddle with her new 1 month old son. So all in all, we had a blast.

3 comments:

Audie said...

Looks and sounds like a fun trip, other than your grandma. I hope she feels better!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

You weren't kidding when you said you love to travel. You guys are always somewhere fun. That looks like it was a success. Kingston is still cute as ever!

Ingrid said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip and got to spend time with your family. I know it's hard to live far away sometimes. Thanks for your offer to help with moving/packing. We are mostly in now. I am really sick and I wouldn't want you to be around me anyway. I have had a cold for a week, sore throat, and completely lost my voice. I haven't been resting or sleeping very much. I'm sure that's why I'm not getting better. So tomorrow I'm taking it easy. But thanks so much for your offer. I will call you when things are normal around here. I hope your grandma gets better!