Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Colonoscopy

So today I had a colonoscopy done which is a very routine procedure. However, I am pregnant so that scared me a lot. All last week after hearing that I needed it done, I was a basket case. I told every nurse at the surgical center and reminded my doctor before the procedure, that I was pregnant. Everyone assured me that the baby would be fine but to be safe, they didn't give me as much anesthesia as normal. Therefore, I felt the whole thing but I was still a little drugged up so it wasn't too awful. Just not pleasant. It was worth it for me though to have the least amount of medication enter my baby as possible. When I came home, grandma graciously came to pick up Kingston so I could run over to my OB and hear my baby's heartbeat as a little reassurance. The baby's heartbeat was strong and he/she was moving around all over. I feel sooooo much better now that it is all over with. What a week!

4 comments:

Talia said...

Glad that everything went well and the baby is fine! Let me know how the results turn out!

Ryan and Janelle said...

Whew! Glad everything is ok!

Angie said...

why in the world did you have to get one of those done? doesnt the average person start routinely having those around age 50 or something?
ugh .. i feel for you. i would be like a chicken with my head cut off if i was scheduled for that appointment.

Ingrid said...

I felt so bad that you would have to suffer through one of those. Sounds like a real nightmare to me, but I'm so glad you went and listened to the baby's heartbeat afterward and knew everything was okay. Let me know if you ever need anything, like a nap or some rest. I don't lead that exciting of a life, (I do LOVE my life). It's just not entirely eventful. So if you needed a break to take a nap or something, I'll probably not have too much planned. Just call me if you ever feel sick and need help with Kingston. We don't live far away... I need to do service for someone :)