Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Last Post for Two Weeks!!

WOW!!! SO much has happened this week that it is unbelievable! I thought my colonoscopy was hard enough to deal with but the news I am about to share, takes the cake. Yesterday, Chez and his co-workers along with employees from other nearby offices, were called in to a meeting. We knew last week that the company was going to lay off 4,000 workers, but we had no idea our office would be included in that. The meeting was to announce that the sales offices in Idaho will be shutting down at the end of the week! What scary news! So, I found out at 3PM that Chez no longer had a job. I was so nervous about what the future was to hold for us. Well, about 6 PM, Chez had two different job offers in another state through the same company, just at different offices that are staying open. Whew! What a relief that was to hear. We are not sure which office we want to move to. There is so much to think about. We have a few obligations here that will make the move a little hairy, but we will figure it out. Just when you think life is so perfect and you have a wonderful house, family, and life set up, you get a curve ball thrown at you. It will be a huge change for us but I am up for it and I will take everything that comes my way and swallow my pride. The good news is that with all of this stress all at once, we will be headed to a warm tropical place this weekend for two weeks where we can forget our problems for the time being. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Ryan and Janelle said...

WOW!!!!!!!! That is crazy!!! Scary, and exciting!!!!! haha, what are the two other states you're looking at!??!? HOpefully some nice warm ones :)keep me updated!

Ingrid said...

Well, you REALLY deserve a nice vacation. Will Kingston be with you? I am sorry to hear about Chez's job. That is very scary. My family has been in the same sort of situation and my Dad is now leaving Michigan for the first time in his 50 years. Moving to Florida... Life sure does throw curve balls! Enjoy Cancun!

Miles Family said...

We felt do bad to hear that, but so great that he already has a job! Things will be great no matter where you go as ling as you ahve your family. Hopefully we can catch up around Christmas.

Natalie said...

You have such a positive attitude. I'm sure wherever you guys go it will be great! Good luck with all of that and enjoy your christmas!