Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Can't Get Enough of This Girl!





Makenna is such a good baby which is a huge break from Kingston. He was a very high maintenance baby and still is today. It is really sad when your newborn sleeps much better than your 2 year old son. Every night around the same time, Chez and I can pretty much expect to find Kingston crawling into bed with us. We know we need to train him not to but we are too tired and he gives us a full night sleep in bed with us. He sleeps right in between us and doesnt move the whole night. I would prefer him to be in his own bed and in due time,we will get the energy to somehow fix that problem. For now, we are enjoying the sleep that our little Makenna is letting us have. All she does is sleep. Maybe it's from all the morphine I had had in the hospital but she is healthy and seems pretty darn happy. As I was cleaning the house this evening and surfing the web, I almost forgot I even had a newborn because she was so peaceful. I decided to take a couple pictures and what you see is pretty much how the past almost two weeks have been like. Fingers crossed that she stays mellow like her daddy.

4 comments:

Ingrid said...

I am so glad she sleeps a lot, and well. That is my hope for any child we have in the future- just to get a baby that likes to sleep a lot. Braeden was really good alone for a while, but wants someone close now. I hope Makenna stays a good sleeper. Good luck! She is so beautiful, and I love seeing the pink and brown!!!

Tawnya said...

Makenna is so stinkin cute. It looks like Kingston likes being a big brother. It sounds like our babies have been about the same as far as the boy was aweful and the girl an angel. Lucy sleeps SO good. I can't believe it and also hope it lasts. She goes to bed at nine or ten and then sleeps all the way until six or sometimes wakes up once in between there. Either way it is a vast improvement from our last baby ;)

Tawnya said...

P.S. Did you move Kingston out of his crib? Jaxson is an awesome sleeper now (It took a while), but we are thinking it might be time to move him into a bed. We are so scared that he won't sleep through the night once we do, but I guess we have to do it eventually. AAHHH!!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Oh what a beautiful baby, i am so baby hungry just looking at these pictures. She really is a doll!!