Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Goodbye Halloween, Hello Thanksgiving?










We went to Jo Ann last night to get some Thanksgiving crafts and all that was there was 70% off fall and Halloween decor as well as new stuff for Christmas. I happen to think that Thanksgiving is one of the most important days to celebrate but oh well. I did get some good deals on fall stuff. I also picked up some thanksgiving cookies for Kingston and I to bake so that is good enough I guess. Moving on to Halloween. Unfortunately, daddy had to work until 8 PM so I took over. I took the kids to the Salt Lake aquarium where we met up with their cousins. They had fun Halloween activities as well as a part of the aquarium being set up like a haunted house. After the aquarium, we went and saw grandmas, uncles, and aunts, and then headed back to Ogden. I took Kingston trick or treating which he HATED but then decided he loved it once he saw all the fun decorations people had out. Once daddy came home, he took over and took Kingston trick or treating while I passed out candy. It was a good day. A few days before that, we also painted pumpkins which Kingston LOVED. We are excited for Thanksgiving, and I am especially excited for Christmas. There will be so many fun crafts Kingston will love doing for Christmas. Until then, Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Talia said...

Looks like you guys had such a fun Halloween. You're such a fun mom to dress up. Caleb kept asking me what I was going to be and I said an oven since I am baking a baby. He didn't get it

I can't wait for Thanksgivng either. Can you believe Christmas is in 48 days. I'd better get shopping!

Audie said...

I love the painted pumpkins. So much easier than carving them!

Angie said...

sounds like a busy day. well i'm glad kingston liked trick or treating in the end! i can't imagine hating it!
do you feel like your baby is getting big? she's growing up so fast!

Ryan and Janelle said...

Painted pumpkins! Such a good idea...I hate cleaning out the insides...sigh..there's always NEXT year! :)

Natalie said...

Looks like a great Halloween! You look great and the kids are adorable in their costumes!