Saturday, November 14, 2009

Excitement!!









I cant help myself. It seems like the more kids I have and the older they get, the more fun my holidays are. Makenna is so in love with Kingston and if she had it her way, she would be running after him all day. Hopefully she always likes him as much as she does now. It makes me excited for next year when they will be able to play with each other more and they can both be excited for Santa Claus to come. For now, Kingston is so looking forward to Christmas and seeing Santa. I have so many fun things planned. I am just glad we are all sick now so that when the holidays near us, we will be healthy again. We are going to be doing our own family Thanksgiving (the first time ever without any extended family). I have no clue how to make a turkey but they have these great pre-packaged turkey loins at the grocery store that I plan to serve with stuffing, potatoes, green bean casserole, roles, sparkling cider, and pies. It will be sad not to see other family but good that we can bond as our own little unit and be thankful for our MANY blessings. The day after Thanksgiving is VEGAS....I have mentioned it before but I am pretty excited for it. I am excited to bring my babies. I have looked up many fun things we can do while there. After Vegas, it is Christmas tree decorating! I love that so much. Then, we are all going to Bear Lake with Chez's work. It is kind of like a work Christmas weekend party. After Bear Lake, I have lots of fun Christmas crafts to do with Kingston. We unfortunately will not be doing Cancun this year which is sad because we have done it for 4 years in a row I think? So I am not totally sure what are plans are for Christmas but we will have fun either way. I cant wait to watch Kingston have so much fun this Christmas. Bring on the Christmas movies, cookies, snow.....!!!!! I posted some pictures of Kingston's first Christmas and last year.

3 comments:

Talia said...

I love the picture of the fallen down tree. It makes me giggle everytime I see it! Can't wait to see what my boys destruct this year!

We are doing our first Thanksgiving meal too. Well, not really. We are hosting it at our house since my parents moved to St. George, but my mom and dad will do all the cooking. I'd better take good notes just in case I ever have to do it alone. A low key holiday will be special. I enjoy time alone with my small family.

Have fun in Vegas! I'm excited to take our boys some day. I think they'd get a kick out of a lot of the sights.

Ryan and Janelle said...

Julie,
You are such an awesome mom :)I hope this year, you have better luck with your christmas tree! Also - I think it's nice that you're doing your own Thanksgiving. It'll be fun, and special. Good luck on all the baking! That would make me so nervous! Also - sorry Cancun isn't happening! I'm sure you'll still have a great time in UT (or Idaho, or WA!) haah. Do you and Chez do any winter sports? UT is the perfect place for all of that.
One last thing!! haah - I'm really interested in the holiday crafts you're doing with Kingston so keep us updated, or shoot me an email!
Take care,
xoxo janelle

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Oh how fun, i love the holidays!!