Saturday, April 10, 2010

Seattle/Easter/New House






My life is FINALLY starting to settle down. After I came back from Seattle, I was able to undo my boxes and get the house looking how I like. I still have a couple more boxes to unload as well as buying a new couch, area rug, and ottoman but other than that, things are looking good. Oh, and I need to get some patio furniture. I have a balcony, front porch, and back patio, which I am super excited about so we need some good furniture out there. I will post pics of my house once I get the new couch.

Seattle was good. I went for my aunt's funeral. She finally lost her battle with cancer after 20 years. She fought to the bitter end. Her story is so compelling and only gives me hope for those who have cancer. I gave the opening prayer at the funeral (which I was so nervous about) but it turned out just fine. Funeral prayers are so much more intimidating than Sacrament meeting prayers. The rest of my trip I just hung out with my family. The weather was disgusting as usual in Seattle but we did get one semi-nice day where my cousin so graciously took pictures of my babes. She is such a good photographer.

Easter was pretty laid back here. I was still trying to settle into the house and Chez had to work that day but I still managed to pick up a few fun things for Kingston's Easter basket as well as hide a lot of Easter eggs full of money. Chez dyed eggs with Kingston just like last year and Kingston loved it. I made a nice dinner and we welcomed our second visitor since moving here, Josh. Josh is a good friend from Idaho Falls who used to work with Chez. He is hoping to work here and we have invited him to stay with us until he finds a place of his own.

Anyway, more pictures of the house to come. Next adventure in our lives is....DISNEY WORLD!!! I am so excited about that. We get to stay at the Disney World Boardwalk, which we hear is pretty cool. You can take a little boat to the theme park from the resort. It's the little things that get me excited!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Glad you are getting all settled in. Disney world sounds like so much fun, have a great time!

Talia said...

Your kids are so cute, sheesh!

Have fun at Disney World! We hope to make it down there next year, without the kids. Aren't we mean...lol!