Friday, September 17, 2010

Fraud

I just experienced my second time being a victim of fraud. The first time I received a call from my credit card company asking me if the $2,000 charge to a Mexican airline was authorized by me. Thankfully I got that call because I sure did not do that! That would have been so terrible. Second time happened today! Not near as bad but easily could have been. I had left my debit card at a Burger King drive thru window a few days ago. I didnt realize it until a few hours later when I was at Walmart and did not have my card for my groceries(thankfully I had a back up credit card which I never use). I went to Burger King to pick up my card and nobody knew what I was talking about until the drive thru employee came up and pulled it out of his pocket. That seemed strange to me but I never thought about it again until today when there was a charge of $77 dollars to Juicy Couture, a store I never shop at, online. I knew it was from the Burger King guy because the charge was made the day I left my card and to an online store. I hurried to call US Bank to tell them what happened and because the charge was still pending, they are able to stop the charge and refund me. They are also sending me a new card. I love US Bank. They have always been so good to us. Thankfully I saw the charge before it went through and before this person charged anything else.

3 comments:

Audie said...

Some people totally suck!! Glad it got straightened out!!

Talia said...

Nutty. This is why I hate people. :)

Glad it wasn't worse and you got a new card.

Ryan and Janelle said...

Grrr. That's so annoying! I love US Bank too :) Glad you were able to counteract the jerk!