Monday, September 6, 2010

Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands


Okay so the title of my blog is kinda silly but it has a lot of meaning behind it. As any marriage goes, you have ups and downs. I am not ashamed to say in my marriage, we have gotten stuck in the "down" rut before. Well in one of the most trying times of our marriage, I decided to buy this book I heard about called "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands". This book hit me where it hurt. It was so true in every way. I wrote page after page of notes while reading this book. I learned so much. I was incredibly grateful I read this book and I thought how tragic it was that a lot of married women(in healthy relationships) havent read it. I brought it up once or twice on different blogs I had been on in the past and responses to the title of the book was so negative. It is amazing to me how so many women are negative. The biggest thing I learned from this book is how much your man just wants to make you happy and he will do what it takes to make that happen. And it is true. My husband works so hard to provide for the family, likes to be the handy man around the house, and make sure I am happy in every way. There are so many valuable things I learned from this book about my husband that I would hope the women close to me in my life would consider reading it. I cried the first time I read it because I felt like I had failed to do my part as a wife and I was so happy I woke up and smelled the coffee. Since the first time I read it, I read it again and my goal is to read it every year. My marriage has been so incredibly great since I read this book. I am not saying we dont have our problems but the problems we do have are solved quickly and with love. Anyway, I wanted to stand on my high horse for a minute and talk about this book. If you can, read it!

4 comments:

Blake Jones said...

I have read that book. I don't remember much about it, I need a refresher. I do remember liking it though.

Talia said...

Intersting. Things that keep my husband happy are compliments, date nights, and sex. 3 things I can handle! Maybe I should write a book...;)

Angie said...

I read the book in college, thought it was okay ... then thought "someone should write a book called "the proper care and feeding of wives" because it takes 2 to make a marriage work" :)

Jones Family said...

She makes another book called "proper care and feeding of marriage"