Monday, July 11, 2011

Fourth of July!






I love the fourth of July! This year we were supposed to go to Idaho Falls to celebrate. When we made our plans to go, we also found out other family would be in town. I cant tell you how much I have missed Idaho. Such a wonderful place for me because it is filled with some of the best memories I have had. I mean, I met some great friends there, had my most favorite job there and made wonderful memories there, met my now husband, bought and had my first house built, and started a family. So we were all ready for our trip up there when plans started falling through, I still had not healed well enough, and Kenna came down with some sort of a bug. SO, we nixed the trip and ended up saving our money for some better plans in the future. Maybe a trip to Europe?? We will see. So since my mom was still in town and she was excited for Idaho as well, we decided to come up with alternative plans that were fairly easy. Since we only live an hour and a half from St. George, we decided to get a condo for a couple nights, swim, hike in Zion, and enjoy some fourth of July festivities. The first night we swam at this awesome water park in Washington County. It is seriously the coolest indoor water park I have been to and the kids love it. St George gives me warm and fuzzies inside. Definitely a family town and I love it. Not to mention, the scenery is gorgeous. Anyway, the next morning we went to Zion and hiked a pretty easy trail and waded in the river. It was my first time at Zion and it was breathtaking. So beautiful and peaceful. Kingston kept asking who made all of this and I would say, "God". He thought that was cool. Chez bought a hiking backpack for Kenna right before we went to the park and Kenna ended up loving it. It was really cute. While we stopped to have a little snack, one of the many very unafraid squirels, came right up to me and started digging in to my food. This little guy was just chowing down. Now, I did not feed him, he literally stole it from me. It is a no no to feed tht animals so I guess they arent afraid to help themselves. The next morning we went to this really fun and cute carnival. It was like totally country. I loved every bit of it from the snow cones, eating competetions, homeade food, and cute little rides, to the farmers made train for the kids. We had a great time. We drove home that afternoon, swam at Chez's resort, got some pizza, and went home to light off fireworks. All in all a great holiday.

1 comment:

Ryan and Janelle said...

That sounds awesome. You were missed over the 4th :)