Friday, July 15, 2011

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies



This morning Kingston and I were ambitious enough to make cookies. I never get up earlier than 9 am so this is a big deal. I was up and awake by 7:30. I think it is because Kenna never woke me up once last night. Normally she will wake me up around 3 am and make me lie in bed with her for an hour. It is crazy how that extra hour in the middle of the night can totally throw you off. Anyway, here is the recipe:

2 sticks of softened room temperature butter
3/4 cup of white sugar
3/4 cup of light brown sugar
2 eggs or egg substitute
2/1/4 cups of flour
3-4 packets of brown sugar oatmeal
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1 package of semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, mix in a large bowl, flour, salt, baking soda, and oatmeal. In a mixing bowl combine, butter, vanilla, white sugar, and brown sugar.Mix on medium high speed until fluffy and creamy. Add eggs one at a time until well mixed. Slowly add in flour and oatmeal mixture. If desired, add in chocolate chips. Drop a small spoonful of dough an inch apart on a baking sheet and cook for 7 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from cookie sheet and allow to cool for a couple of minutes before eating. Enjoy!

These cookies were just made up in my head but they are super healthy. Peanut butter contains protein and is really good for natural energy. I use egg substitutes in all of my cooking and they are not only delicious, but they do not contain the high cholesterol that normal eggs do. I have a lot of delicious recipes for egg beaters if you would like. Don't be afraid to cook with them. It is basically all just egg whites but they look and taste like normal eggs. In these cookies I also used oatmeal. Yes it is brown sugar flavor but hey they ARE cookies! I made sure to use the oatmeal that had a high fiber content. High fiber in your diet will keep you regular, makes for a healthy heart, as well as gives you energy. I hope you enjoy :).

1 comment:

Ryan and Janelle said...

um, yum!!!!!!!! Those look so good!!! Now i'm craving..thanks ;)