Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Baby Fever

I've got a fever. No I'm NOT pregnant nor will I be but I certainly wouldn't be opposed. Half of my friends if not more are either pregnant or just had babies. Most of my friends are a few years older than me too. Not that that matters but I thought I'm 27 and getting up there in age maybe too old for kids. Kind of a silly thought that's so untrue. Anyway, I see my friends and I definitely miss the happiness I felt when I was pregnant. Sure I was sick as a dog the first two to three months but in between all of that, pregnancy was one of the most special times of my life. I loved taking the pregnancy tests and watching them turn positive (the excited feeling that ran through my body was always awesome). Nothing more exciting to a woman hoping to become pregnant than seeing a "+" or "ll". Besides that I miss the little baby kicks and ultrasounds, most specifically the gender ultrasound. It was mostly fun. I miss the sound of the nurse wheeling the little bassinet into my room telling me the baby was hungry. I miss smuggling this tiny creature that depended on you 100% for everything. I miss milestones like first smile, first laugh, crawling, walking, talking, and first birthday. However having a baby is a very real thing so there are also things I do not miss. I don't miss getting zero sleep the first few months, I don't miss morning sickness and labor. I don't miss feeling like a constant sucky toy for an always hungry baby, and I don't miss how paranoid about everything with a newborn I was. Now that my youngest is going to be 3 in a few short months, its hard to think of adding a newborn to the picture. I don't deal with diapers hardly anymore, no formula, no binkies, no baby food, no special diet, no car seat, no bulky stroller everywhere, and no crib. Having a baby is hard work and requires serious planning when going on vacations or even just when leaving the house to run an errand. But then on the other hand, the kids would be awesome little helpers, the baby would be adored by all four of us, more memory making with another new one and all our travels, and bringing a life into the world that you know you'll love unconditionally and take care of is a rewarding thing. For now, no baby for me but its definitely fun playing around with the idea. For now I will live vicariously through my cute pregnant friends, babysit for my baby fix and be thankful for my two beautiful kids who help make this family incredible.

1 comment:

Ryan and Janelle said...

haha try being 28!!!!! with no kids. I'm ready. Been baby hungry for a while now....hopefully soon, hopefully soon....but if you do it again, best of luck to you! Sounds like you have a great speech written up for the hubby :)
xoxo