Saturday, November 26, 2011

Relief!

So my previous post was me ranting about my back issues. I was in so much pain when I wrote that. I went to the doctor yesterday, the day after thanksgiving. I was a bit skeptical because my doctor was out of town so his PA was running the show. I had never met her but I had to think if my doctor who I think is the best in Vegas hired her, then she must be good. So the waiting room was a bit crowded as should be expected on a holiday weekend. We waited an hour in the waiting room (i brought my kids...the ocd I have kicked in and hand sanitizer was used frequently as well as making them stay far away from everyone). When the called us back, the nurse was awesome so it was a good start. We waited another 20 minutes but I was patient. The PA came in. She was gorgeous and young. She had long, blonde curly hair and was wearing a super cute shirt. Not that appearance matters but I felt a little at ease thinking she wouldn't be a know it all who doesn't let me talk. She listened to everything and saw my Xray from months ago so she was on the same page as me. Basically she called it a normal flair up amd usually happens to people with similar back problems when they are overly active. I have been overly active lately so it made sense. She also told me I wasn't taking enough muscle relaxer and anti inflammatory. I always take children's ibuprofen because too much hurts my stomach. She assured me as my brother in law once did that when taken with food I should be okay. She also said lortab really helps for patients like me but as I told her, I'm not a fan of the side effects. She prescribed me some just in case. I guess knowing I have it on hand just in case it gets bad is comforting. She also gave me a steroids shot. I gotta say, this shot was awesome! I went to bed with zero pain...miracle! I was in minimal pain waking up. So I guess I know whenever I'm in this much pain, steroids are good. Now I can look forward to the polar express this Monday knowing I'm taken care of. I would have posted the Xray of my spine but to some it may be graffic since it does show a good sized curve. I can post it if you want though.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Glad the steroid shot helped a little!
Have fun tonight on the polar express, we have done that here in utah and it was fun!

Ryan and Janelle said...

I'm sorry to hear your back is such a mess :( But I'm glad you're finding some relief! What did you do for Thanksgiving?!