Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July




For some reason chez and I didnt take any pictures on our camera. All the pictures are on grandma's camera but I do have a picture of Makenna's outfit and a few other cute summer pics. On the 4th we stayed with Chez's parents in Idaho Falls and went to the parade. That was a crazy experience. Kingston had a double ear infection which caused him to be super grumpy during it. These two kids right next to us got shot. What we all thought was a firework that went off was actually a gun shot that sent one kid off on a stretcher with a mangled and bloody foot. It was scary. I was just grateful it hadnt hit any of us. After the parade it was nap time! We went to the river that evening to watch the fireworks. I LOVE the Idaho Falls display. This year was so awesome. Kingston fell asleep in the middle of it somehow and Makenna slept through the whole thing thankfully. The next day friends and family came over to celebrate my birthday a few days early. Chez got me the coolest phone ever (at least I thought so!) It is called the Lotus and it is a pretty red color. On Monday after making our rounds to all our tenants in our houses, we headed back to Utah where we gave our car, or rather sold it to a nice family in Logan. Now we just need to find me a car asap! A family of four, two being in car seats, dont fit well in a small Audi!

2 comments:

Blake Jones said...

How did those kids get shot? Who had a gun? That is so crazy and scary. I can't believe that happened in IF! Anyway, do you know where you are going to get Makenna's dress? I got Alissa's on Ebay and loved it! I think it was $40. A lady in Blackfoot makes them. Let me know if you want the details and I'll get her info for you. Oh, by the way, what size does Makenna wear? Is she in NB still or 0-3 months? How much does she weigh and how big around is her chest? I'm starting to worry that her dress might be too small. She looks big in her pictures. Maybe I'll find a baby here that was born the same time as her and try it on them, just to be sure.

Natalie said...

That is crazy about the kid getting shot? What happened? I love the 4th of july in Idaho, sounds like you guys had a great time! Makenna is so cute, I can't believe how big she is already getting!