Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thinking and Random Mumbo Jumbo





Life in Vegas has been really great. I feel like I have lived here forever. We have a great friend living with us right now who babysits the kids once a week so Chez and I can date, the weather is fantastic, we actually have social lives, and the kids and I havent been near as sick and that includes my asthma-I have not had bad asthma since moving here which leads me to believe it is all due to cold weather. That is a very good thing! I do have some things I have been thinking about lately. I want to workout and lose 10 pounds (probably impossible). I look at pictures of Chez and I from when we were first married and dating and I think how teeny tiny I was! It's crazy because my mom always said, "eat what you want now because the older you get, the harder it is to keep the weight off!". I always shrugged that off but here I am fighting to keep a lighter weight. I am not saying I am fat, but I would love to tone my troubled areas! haha. I also want to spend more one on one time with my kids to show them how special I think each of them are, as well as reading to them and teaching them. I think it's important to step back from regular house chores, socializing, or whatever it is, to spend time with the kiddos. There are also a few other things I have been pondering lately that leave me undecisive (nothing bad of course). It is just one of those things you wish you knew the right answer to but it isnt given in a straight "yes" or "no". I guess we will see what happens of it. This post was completely random and me basically just rambling. Sometimes we all need to do that! I decided to post a few pictures of me when Chez and I first started dating to kind of motivate myself to workout more, as well as remind me of good memories.

2 comments:

Ryan and Janelle said...

Haha those pictures are great! I hear you on the "toning up" part! It's hard to do, but so worth it :) Not that I've hit my goal yet...but getting close! YOu look awesome just the way you are! Glad that Vegas is suiting you so well! You sound really happy!

Talia said...

A little rant always make me feel better. I just usually unload on my poor husband, who is such a trooper to just listen and nod.

And now, a little advice giving, if I may.

I've always found when I'm waiting for an answer, it's usually been answered with out me being aware of it. If your answer was yes, you would know it. If your answer is no, you would still be confused and wondering. Another great way I make decisions is by choosing a side for myself. If the choice I chose was right, I will continue to feel good about it and things will progress. If it's wrong, I have an uneasy feeling and things don't progress. I don’t think Heavenly Father should have to spell things out for me with a direct yes or no. I’m a big girl. This is why I’m here on earth. To think for myself, to be tested, and made aware of my capabilities. Also, I try not to take things so seriously. I don't want to waist Heavenly Fathers time (so to say) with my trivial “stuff“. I don't think he really cares if I have another child or wonder which car to buy. As long as I'm living my life in accordance to the gospel ordnances I've made, he will provide away for anything. Apparently, I like to unload on you as well as my hubs. Sorry. I hope that this might help, though!