Friday, August 12, 2011

Changes

And this is where the real adventure began! Our wedding day. Little did either of us know, we would have a little bun in the oven just three months later!


The proposal in Disneyland and the start of so many adventures to come for us



This is Kingston today. Our first born and the one who started it all. I have learned so much from this little guy!


This is the day we brought our little prince home. Not sure if you can see the terrified look we have hiding behind our eyes. Right after this photo,we ended up spending a half hour attempting to figure out the car seat. We ended up getting help from a nurse inside.


Before I exploded in water weight, this was me about 7-8 months pregnant and it looked as though I had stuck a basketball in my shirt


This is me the night before I had Kingston. I was actually in labor in this photo. It was a few minutes later the contractions hit bad. I dialted to a 4 and slept peacefully the rest of the night.


This is me 8 months pregnant and about to leave for work

And this is the Chez Jones family now. The 4 of us and a baby kitty.


Isn't it funny how much your life can change over a span of a few short years? Less than 5 years ago, I was newly married, pregnant with my first baby, working, living in the small town of Idaho Falls (and loving it), and only 22 years old. I often think. What did I do with all of my free time? Sure I was working and married but I had NO KIDS. They have consumed my every waking minute (in a good way). Did I value the time I had back then? I really can't remember. What I would give to go back in time and tell myself as I was grocery shopping or running errands how much easier and fun it is without kids. I love my kids dearly and love my new life as a mom but it is funny to think back on my mentality without kids. And don't get me wrong, I know there are plenty of people without kids that have very demanding lives that can relate to busy parents. It is funny to say but so true that if I could go grocery shopping once a week alone, that would be fabulous. The money I would save from not finding items in my grocery bags at home that I know I didnt put in the cart, how much I could get done in a short time, and most of all, the peace, quiet, and relaxation. Ahhh! Now this is not to scare my friends who do not yet have kids because again, I love my kids to pieces. But sometimes it really is funny to think how much my life has changed in so many ways in such a short time!

1 comment:

Jones Family said...

I tried to edit the mixed up pictures but blogger is not responding. The Pumpkin picture is the Chez Jones Family Now