Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Day In The Life Of Us

Kenna painting mommas toes

Funny faces in the morning

ice cream outing with mom

Lunch time

A rare good photo opportunity

This is a day in the life of Comet

Kenna and Kitty bonding over whatever they found in the shower drain

This is usually the sight you will see until about 3 PM

I thought it would be fun to document what it is the kids and I do everyday while Chez is at work and even what we do when he gets home. I gotta say, lately things have seen mundane. That is why I love the fall. There are so many fun crafts, baking, and activities to do. So here is what a typical day is for us:

8 AM- Kenna and I go downstairs. Kenna picks out her breakfast and I try and wake up on the guest bed with either Shrek on for Kenna or one of my shows. I play around on my phone while she eats and by the time she is done, I am awake. We watch tv together and be lazy until boo wakes up. (This however will be changing as I ham picking back up my turbo jam workout and yes I did that this morning)

10 AM- Guess who is awake? Yes, Kingston my sleepy head. I get him breakfast and turn his favorite shows on which is usually phineas and ferb or sesame street

11-12 pm- I finally decide to get the house picked up. I get the laundry started and clean up a little before running errands or meeting up for playdates.

1 pm- time for lunch. The kids usually request either ramen or chicken nuggets. Once their lunch is prepared, I clean up the kitchen completely for the day. All the dishes done and floors cleaned. My day sounds super boring already right? haha but in between all of this, I get to watch the kids being kids- reading books, playing imaginary, coloring, sometimes fighting, and sometimes being cute together.

2 pm- I hop in the shower if I am lucky and get myself all pretty for Chez. I make sure the whole house is completely cleaned up and looking nice. I also start preparations for dinner

3 pm- okay at this point I am usually sick of the kidss shenanigans and just want Chez to come home and rescue me. This is the waiting hour because he cna either be home in five minutes of an hour so its waiting waiting

4 pm- I'm so glad when daddy comes home glad as I can be! The little machine says, "center three garage door open, beep beep". The kids go running and screaming, "daddy! daddy!" and they both give him the biggest hugs. Chez must love coming home because seriously, everyday is like the biggest deal when daddy comes walking in that door. After the kids welcome him, he goes up to change and takes a bit to unwind by getting on the computer or making some phone calls.

6 pm- dinner is on the table. Usually we have a family dinner every single night unless it is date night.

6:30 pm- family walk. We will walk the trail in our neighborhood that takes us to the park where the kids play until they are worn out while mommy and daddy FINALLY get to have a decent conversation.

7:30 PM- bath time! The kids love to bathe in our bath and they love lots of bubbles and the jets.

8 pm- Kenna goes to bed. Momma lies with her while Kingston and daddy watch one of their favorite 3 D movies together downstairs.

9 pm- Kenna is asleep and mommy spends goes downstairs to hang out with the boys for a bit.

10 pm- yes I know this is bad but Kingston finally goes to bed. I hate this and will be figuring out how to change it soon.

11 pm- usually I am asleep and ready for it all to start over the next day.

Even though this is pretty mundane, we have a lot of mini vacations we go on that breaks up the same ol which I love. So all in all, its a good day in the life of us.

2 comments:

Ryan and Janelle said...

Just reading that made me exhausted :) You're a great mom. Sounds like a lotta love and fun at your house!

Megan Morton said...

McKenzie doesn't go to bed until 10either, so don't feel too bad. Every family has a different schedule :)

~Megan Morton