Thursday, August 18, 2011

Memories

This is Kenna 4 days old. I love her hair in this picture. The nurses loved how much blonde hair she had so they always told me they blow dried it, fluffed it, and put a bow in it. I loved how pretty she looked every time a nurse brought her in. I tried to preserve the fluffy hair as long as I could because I had no idea how to do it myself. She is still such a little blondie

This picture is also pretty emotional. Kingston was maybe 5 minutes old and this was Chez holding him for the first time. I had so many thoughts running through my head. It was very special

This is Orlando of 2010. This picture brings back a special memory. As I was taking this picture, I was so emotional. It was the first time we had ever taken the kids to any Disney park. We walked straight in and there was a concert going on in front of the castle. Mini and Mickey were singing and dancing and Kingston had the most excited look on his face. He even clapped when it was over. The only thing he wanted to do was to see Mickey and the first thing he saw was Mickey. I had tears but luckily had sunglasses on so nobody saw!

This is Chez and I in Cancun for the first time. I was pregnant with Kingston and the memories I think of immediately are 1- I had such a bad sinus infection the first two days that I couldnt sleep. Kingston didnt kick for those two days and I was so paranoid. 2- once I felt better and Kingston kicked me, I had a blast. We spent most of the time on the beach. And 3- the sound of the ocean at night. It was so peaceful and we loved it

I love this picture because I remember a few things, 1- my dad pulled me aside before cutting the cake and told me to gently put the cake in Chez's mouth (I thought that was kinda sweet) 2- I REALLY wanted to have a piece but I never got one and 3- Chez and I had a lot of fun explaining to the cake maker how we wanted our cake to look

What would we do without cameras?? I love looking at photos. I always become so nastalgic when I look at photos of my dating years with Chez, our wedding, having babies, and vacations. And it brings me back to reality when I need it. Chez tells the people he sees at work everyday that memories are the best gift you can give someone. Ask a kid what he got for Christmas last year, I bet he/she doesn't remember most of what those presents were. Take them on a trip somewhere, and I bet they will remember that trip always. I love the fact that Kingston can bring up vacations from when he was only 2 years old. They are fond memories for him. So without cameras, we have memories, but still I do love looking through pictures.I would take a photo album of memories any day over a nice material gift.

No comments: