Thursday, November 24, 2011

Time To Vent...

About 8 months ago I got an Xray of my back. I've had back and neck issues as long as I can remember but the past year has been exceptionally painful. So painful that it ruins my days sometimes. The Xray showed a curve in my spine. Definitely not a normally one...a scoliosis curve. It was the first Xray I had ever gotten. You know those scoliosis tests you did in elementary school, my mom always kept me from doing them for whatever reason. So, I have no clue how long I have had this curve and if I could have even prevented it to getting where it is today. At first the doctor put me on non drowsy muscle relaxers and lortab. Uh....that did not help. Not even in the slightest. The chiropractor did do some good along with a massage therapist. Eventually it got to the point where my pain was cut in half. I quit taking the lortab quickly and switched to non narcotics which was so much better. I've managed to find ways to cope with the pain and its been pretty okay. However, the past week, the pain is soooooo bad. Not sure why. I have been a lot more busy lately with having to run all over town for kid classes and errands along with cleaning and waking up 5 times a night with my kids and sleeping in three different beds before the night is over. These may all be why I'm literally dying in pain. I made thanksgiving desserts tonight and I am so stiff. Been lying down for an hour yet I'm still in pain. On a scale of 1-10 my pain is usually around a 5 which makes it easy to manage but this week it has been around a 9. Chiropractor is closed until next week and we have this grand trip to the polar express we are surprising our son with on Monday and I'm depressed thinking how much pain I will be in. I'm definitely going to pay a visit to the doctor Friday. Hopefully he cab figure out how to make me as comfortable as possible until I can see my chiropractor. Until then, I guess ill complain here on my blog and try hard to find time to rest as much as I can and drink plenty of fluids. Wish me luck.

No comments: