Monday, May 5, 2008

For those of you who are mommies....I need some advice


Okay here goes....Kingston is going on 14 months. Last week he was suffering from a bad rash on his behind, a tooth coming in, and a cold. For the first few days, he hardly slept. Well, he is starting to feel a little better and he is still not sleeping. In fact, he screams if I put him down for naps, and for the night. I have tried bouncing him, giving him a bottle, giving him a binkie, and even driving him around at 3 am! I will say that driving does help, but as soon as I take him out, he is wide-eyed. I am hopeless at this point. If I would let him, he would play all night long and be completely happy. I am running on zero hours of sleep. I am so desperate for any advice any of you mommies may have, to help my child just go to sleep. Oh, and I might add, we took him to the doctor and he didn't seem to think it was much of a problem(that's because he isn't the one losing sleep at night!) Anyway, suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

3 comments:

Talia said...

WOW, you poor thing! I'm not sure if anything I'll say will help, but here goes...

Have you tried baby motrin? It seemed like when my boys were teething they always had a runny nose/ cold symptoms, and diahrea (which of course always led to diaper rash.) Motrin is a better pain reliver then tylenol and always worked wonders at our house. I've also tried baby orajel nightime. You'r not suppose to use it before they're one, but I'd say since he's well past his first birthday you should be fine. That too always worked wonders. Between the two it soothed both my boys right to sleep.

Warms baths are always good before bed. And if your feeling rather hopeless, I'd just let him cry it out until he's so exhausted he falls asleep. (easier said then done, right? I would of never of let Caleb cry himself to sleep. He'd get upset and end of puking. But I got meaner with Brycen, and he's actually better behaved because of it.)

I hope I'm some help. Let me know how things turn out! GOOD LUCK!

Audie said...

Anything I say is basically a repeat of what Talia said. We always just let Jovie cry it out. It worked really well. But Jovie and Kingston are two different kids. He may not take so well to the crying method. A good sedative might help...for both of you! That way you'll get some sleep too! Good luck. Sorry I'm not much help.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

ok we decided to go private but send me your email & I will send an invite. Its haypotter300@yahoo.com Sorry about the sick baby, it is so hard. I do warm baths, drives and LOTS of holding. Good luck!