Friday, March 6, 2009

The Nerve of Some People!

Every Friday evening, Kingston and I go on a date. First we go swimming at the aquatic center and then we go to Dairy Queen for dinner. Today was a little different. When we got to Dairy Queen, it was packed so we went to Mc Donald's instead. BIG MISTAKE! Kingston was already starving by the time we got there so he was a little testy. While we were waiting for our food, he saw another tray with french fries on it but I said, "no not yet". He threw a fit. He doesn't normally do this but he was hungry and didn't understand why he couldn't have those fries. So, I took him outside quickly to let him cool off and an employee followed me out. She began to tell me what a misbehaved son I had and was retelling me everything she witnessed him do. Then she looked at him and started scolding him for being such a bad boy. WOW! I was in shock. All I could manage to get out of my mouth was, "Mam, kids throw fits". I really wanted to punch her in the face though. Of course I would never do that so instead I emailed Mc Donald's to let them know how extremely upset I was. The longer I am a mom, the more I get comments from women left and right telling me how I should mother my children. I guess for the most part it goes in one ear and out the other but this was the first time I couldn't let it go. The nerve of some people!

3 comments:

Ryan and Janelle said...

How frustrating! I think a lot of women give "motherly advice" because they think they have some knowledge to offer young/first time moms. Try not to take it too personally...but good for you for sticking up to her (even if it was thru an email to McDs!)

Audie said...

How annoying!!! I would've wanted to punch her too! Some people think their way of parenting is the right way. Every kid is different and so is every situation. Now I'm all worked up!!

Natalie said...

That is so frustrating! I think it is bizarre that people think they can tell you how to parent your own child!