Thursday, March 5, 2009

Utah Here We Come

Well the house has boxes stacked up against the walls and it is very bare inside. I still have a lot of cleaning and odds and ends to do. We load up the Uhaul on Sunday night and head off to our new lives on Monday. Well, Chez has lived there for the past 2 months, so I guess it is more of a new life for Kingston and I. We have already made a couple of friends there. I am really excited to meet new people but also really nervous at the same time. I have not moved since I moved from Washington to Idaho when I was in high school so this will be kind of scary. I remember the tremendous feeling of culture shock when I moved to Idaho. I went from cities all around me and a billion shopping malls, to complete, bare desert. At first I hated it but when I had the opportunity to move back to Washington a few years back, I had grown to love Idaho so much that I chose to stay and leave my family in Washington. I made such great friends, had a really fun job, and met the love of my life. So, from that experience I have learned that you can make good from anything and that is exactly what I will do when I move to Utah. I was able to find a wonderful new OBGYN there that I am pumped to see and we have a nice house to move into. Here we go....

5 comments:

Ryan and Janelle said...

Boo for moving!!! YAY for moving on! :) Good luck with the move. I can't imagine packing a house with a baby...and being pregnant. You're a rock star! :)

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

You have such a great attitude! Good luck with everything.

Natalie said...

Good luck with the move! I'm sure you'll make some great new friends down here!

Audie said...

I remember moving with a toddler and being pregnant. Not fun. I feel for you!!! Good luck on the move. I hope you enjoy Utah!

Angie said...

although moving sucks, it's kinda exciting at the same time! i hope everything went well! i know im reading your blog a little too late ... no point in wishing you a good and safe move!