Thursday, May 7, 2009

Baby Update

I had my 33 week appointment today. She is measuring at 5 pounds. The doctor says he is going to induce me a week earlier than my due date unless she comes before then. I made the mistake of asking him if I had gained too much weight ( I have gained 27 pounds so far with 5 and a half weeks to go) and he told me that I have indeed gained too much weight! Oops. I gained 32 all in all with Kingston and lost all but 5 pounds in a matter of months but maybe I wont be so lucky this time. The doctor says the new guidelines for weight gain in pregnancy is under 20 pounds. That seems hard to me. Anyway, he says I am doing really well and the baby is super healthy. He will check to see if I am dilated at all on my next appointment in 3 weeks and after that I come in every week until I deliver. It is getting so close!

2 comments:

Ryan and Janelle said...

Wow a week early!! That must be exciting! Are you all ready for your little girl? Do you have a bedroom put together and everything all set? Did you have a baby shower for your first GIRL baby?

Natalie said...

That is exciting that you will probably go at least a week early! I don't know about the 20 lb thing, seems a little low. My dr said 25 to 30 so you are doing good! :)