Monday, May 4, 2009

Pregnancy/Motherhood





Since this is one of my journals I now have, I wanted to share my thoughts and feelings about pregnancy and motherhood. This is my second pregnancy and I am 33 weeks along now (which is 8 months). The beginning of the pregnancy was really really rough for me. I was very ill all the time with morning sickness and I lost 3 pounds (which for me is a lot of weight). I had to go in for a colonoscopy at 3 months pregnant to make sure I wasn't having serious issues. It was a tough time. I was never like that with Kingston. Finally at around 14 weeks, the sun came out and I felt GOOD. I could eat what I wanted and when I wanted without the urge to expell it, and I started gaining weight. It wasn't until my 20 week ultrasound when I found out the gender, that being pregnant, really hit me. I was so absorbed in already being a wife to Chez and busy mother to Kingston that I didnt constantly think or obsess about the little life growing inside of me. When the ultrasound technician told us it was a girl, all of the sudden everything changed. I had no idea I would be that excited. I was indifferent on wanting a boy or girl originally and I thought either would be great. Knowing we will have a little girl in the mix makes me pretty excited for what is to come. So here I am with just a few short weeks left before I give birth to this little girl and I am feeling so good. Granted I am growing rather large in size due to how big she is, yet I still have SO much energy to constantly clean, look after Kingston, travel, and do fun things as a family. In fact, we are going to Yellowstone next weekend. Being a mommy seriously brings the greatest rewards in life. Knowing that you are the one responsible for your happy, healthy children is a feeling nobody knows until they have their own children. Before I had Kingston, I must admit that I was easily annoyed by other children I would see at grocery stores or restaurants when they were acting up or throwing fits. I was even pregnant with Kingston when I still had those feelings and I was scared to death that I wouldn't know how to handle my own child. It is completely and 100% different though. Kingston has a tendancy at his age to throw some nasty fits and in public. I do get irritated but not in the same way I did when watching other kids. Chez always says to teach with love and that is one thing I have learned to do. I truly love being a mom and I am excited to welcome this new baby girl into our lives!

4 comments:

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I loved this post, so true. I am excited for you to get your cute little girl here. I am also glad you are feeling so great!

Ryan and Janelle said...

That is such a sweet thought :) and right before mother's day too :) I hope Chez does something great for you this weekend, you deserve it! PS, do you have a NAME yet!??!?

Natalie said...

I too love being a mom and think it is the greatest blessing I have ever been blessed with! Hope your next month goes great! You look fabulous!

Ryan and Janelle said...

OH my gosh!! just read your comment on my blog...talk about ironic! haha. how cute. that is a GREAT name. I'm very fond of it.