Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter






Easter was a great day. It was Kingston's 3rd Easter but the first year he was able to have some fun. We started out by going to our new ward for the first time. I was surprised at what a tiny ward it was. They had just split it and there was literally 10-15 of us max in relief society. I like that though because my other ward was so big that it was easy to slink in and out of class without anyone really noticing you were there. After church we let Kingston open his Cars Easter basket that was filled with chocolate kisses, Cars big boy underwear, a fun potty training book, and a train book because he loves trains. I hid plastic eggs filled with coins in the backyard and he had a blast finding them. He loves putting money in his piggy too so that just added to the fun of it all. We then decorated some eggs and Kingston also loved doing that. I baked up some Easter cookies and we decorated those. Kingston ate so many cookies. He probably had one of the best days ever. He was loving it. I cooked an Easter dinner that evening of chicken cordon bleu in the crock pot with salad, croissant rolls, rice, and mashed potatoes. It was a nice day and the weather was beautiful.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Sounds like a great Easter!

Ryan and Janelle said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun Easter. Kids always bring back the magic to holidays!