Saturday, April 11, 2009

I Need a Time Out!




First off, my mom came this past week from Washington to visit and that was really fun. She watched Kingston the first two days while Chez and I drove to Vegas to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. When we came back, we hung out with my mom everyday. Kingston loves grandma, or as he says it, "papa". We went swimming everyday, went out to dinner, shopped, and took Kingston around to pet stores and playgrounds. The mall here has a really neat indoor playground for smaller kids. Kingston loves it. Grandma left this morning which was sad but we are going to get ready for Easter tomorrow. We are just going to have a little easter hunt for Kingston, decorate eggs, and have a little easter basket with candy, some toys, and easter books teaching about the true meaning of Easter. Moving on to the meaning of my title of this post. Well this year or shall I say this pregnancy has been FULL of traveling. I never traveled this much while pregnant with Kingston. It is becoming quite exhausting mentally and physically. I have enjoyed the places we have gone with and without Kingston. We have had a lot of fun memories built up the past few months. Also bad trips traveling for funerals. I have to admit now though, that I am WORN OUT! I like being able to leave Kingston with grandma and grandpa for short trips every once in a while but it still makes me sad and I always get emotional when I see him again. He seems to enjoy the time he spends with his grandparents though which is great. Right before we left to Vegas last weekend, we found out Chez's work was going to pay for his whole office to go to Vegas at the end of April. We thought, no problem, we will take Kingston and he will have fun swimming and seeing the different attractions. We found out last night however, that this trip is for adults because we are going to be going to different shows and dinners and that we should leave Kingston behind :( So here I am thinking how much I dont want to leave Kingston behind again. We are so lucky to have wonderful parents who are always so willing to watch Kingston for us but I really feel like a time out from vacations for a while is in order. I will enjoy going to Vegas of course with my husband and his co-workers but I will be soooooo happy to come home and take it easy for a while and enjoy my last few weeks with Kingston as my only child. Vacations are so fun and I truly believe they are necessary to build memories with your families but sometimes too many vacations can wear on you!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

You have been traveling a ton! It will be nice to take a "Time Out" Hope you have fun in Vegas...again!